Why do you need to remove tooth pulp?
If the tooth’s pulp is damaged, it will break down and bacteria can begin to spread and multiply within the pulp chamber. The bacteria and other decayed debris can cause a major infection or abscessed tooth. An infection to the tooth can cause:
- Swelling that could spread in the face, head and neck area
- Bone loss around the tip of the root of your tooth
- Drainage problems extending outward of the tooth.
What are the signs that this operation would be needed?
It is very possible that no symptoms would show. However, if you have:
- Major toothache pain chewing or applying pressure on the tooth
- You experience prolonged pain/sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures
- Discoloration of the tooth (Darkening of the tooth)
- Swelling and tenderness in the nearby gums
- Very persistent or recurring pimple on the gum.
If you encounter any of these symptoms, make sure to give us a call so we can analyze your situation.
At Moncton Smiles, we do most of our own Root Canals services.
For more info, call us today!